About the Race
February 12, 2022
Kids 1K Fun Run: 7:30 a.m.
5K Run/Walk: 8:00 a.m.
Join us for the 27th annual Cupid’s Chase 5K Run/Walk, a Georgetown community tradition! The fun-filled family event will also include a Kids 1K Fun Run, for kids ages 10 and under. The 5K will be a chip-timed event.
5K=3.1 miles/Kids 1K=0.62 miles
Once you run this race, you’ll know why people return every year! Besides being tons of fun, it’s a well-supported race, and it benefits the beautiful Georgetown parks.
There are NO refunds or transfers. No exceptions.
The race will begin and end in San Gabriel Park, 445 E. Morrow St. Parking is available throughout the park, at the Georgetown Recreation Center, McMaster Athletic Complex, the Georgetown Community Center and the Parks & Recreation Administration Office. Please be mindful of barricades, which will be in place by 7 a.m. Road will be shut down beginning at 7:45 a.m. It is recommended to enter the park from the west via Chamber Way or Morrow St.
Please do not park at the VFW or Masonic Lodge.
Dogs are always welcome on the Cupid’s Chase course!
- Dogs are required to be on a non-retractable leash and have their current rabies tags on their collar.
- Please remember to bring along bags for doggie droppings.
- Just as you would for yourself, please be aware of your dog’s physical condition and whether he or she is ready to run or walk 3.1 miles.
- Owners are fully responsible for keeping control of their dogs.
- By participating, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Georgetown and its sponsors, staff and volunteers from all liability associated from the race.
- Aggressive dogs will be required to leave the race. No refunds if you’re asked to leave.